Transfer / International


Transfer StudentsInternational Students
Students who wish to transfer coursework from another institution or other documented prior learning (SMART transcripts, military training, etc.) toward an award at MSCC must complete a Transcript Evaluation form and request official transcripts of their academic records be sent to the Registrar’s Office at MSCC.

The Registrar’s Office may temporarily accept student copies or faxed copies of academic transcripts for conditional admission and academic advising purposes only, with continued enrollment dependent upon the receipt of an official transcript mailed from the sending institution.

Students can request a Transcript Evaluation form by calling the Registrar’s Office at 870.733.6728, emailing, or visiting the Learning Success Center, located in the Reynolds Center on the South Campus.

MSCC accepts degree-related courses with an earned grade of “C” or above in transfer from other regionally-accredited colleges and universities if the courses are judged to have content and requirements equivalent to those offered by MSCC. Vocational or technical courses may be accepted when directly related to a particular MSCC technical program and will be applicable only toward the appropriate degree or certificate program. Determinations will be made by the Registrar and faculty teaching in the area for which the transfer is requested. Transfer students may be asked to submit course descriptions in addition to their transcripts.

Transcripts from non-accredited colleges will, in general, be evaluated on the same basis as that employed by the state university of the state in which the transfer college is located.

Courses taken more than six years prior to the date of transfer must have the approval of the Senior Vice President for Learning and Instruction before being accepted for credit.

International students must follow the regular admissions requirements of the College, including the provision of placement scores, transcripts of high school and/or college work attempted or completed in the United States, and immunization records. In addition, they must pay the admission fee for international students and provide completed application packets no later than eight weeks prior to regular registration for the semester of enrollment.

Application packets must include the following:

1. proof of payment of the I-901 Student Exchange Visitor Processing Fee
2. payment of the admissions processing fee for international students.
3. a copy of passport or visa.
4. evidence of tuberculosis screening and immunization for measles-rubeola and rubella MMR. Students with 30 credit hours or less must have two doses of MMR; those with 31 hours or more are required to have one dose of MMR.
5. evidence of continuous health insurance coverage which includes the summer months.
6. authenticated copies of academic records from their country of origin that describe the courses of instruction, years spent in school, types of subject matter covered, and grades earned in each subject. Evaluation of these transcripts must indicate that the student has an academic background at least equivalent to high school graduation in the U.S.
7. proof of English proficiency by one or more of the following means:
a. a score of 500 or higher on the TOEFL (173 on the computerized version)
b. a grade of “C” or better in two standard English composition courses at a United
States accredited institution of higher education
c. successful completion of an intensive English program at a level of instruction that
permits enrollment in college-level courses
d. an associate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.

8. a letter of certification presented each academic year of planned attendance at the College (dated no more than six months prior to the desired enrollment date) from a reputable financial institution stating that the applicant possesses financial resources of at least $23,000 (U.S.).
9. MSCC Supplemental Application.

No international student who is “out of status” with the U.S. Immigration Service will be admitted. International students who are not citizens of the U.S.A. must establish resident alien status to be eligible for college-based financial aid. International students are subject to the College’s academic probation and suspension policies which may limit enrollment to less than 12 credit hours per semester.