This is a part-time (no more than 25 hours per week), grant-funded position.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree with successful completion of College Algebra or higher with a grade of “B” or better and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook. Must be able to organize and execute multiple tasks, execute all responsibilities with minimal supervision, and work effectively with a diverse student population and peers.
General Description: The Math Specialist reports to the Director of Adult Education and is responsible for providing math assistance for students who are preparing for the GED® test at MSCC as well as at off-campus locations. Work schedule will not exceed 25 hours per week and require flexibility to meet the needs of both day and night students.
• Work with the Director of Adult Education to develop appropriate work hours schedule to meet student needs.
• Work with the Adult Education team to ensure good communication and a positive and harmonious working and learning environment.
• Provide reasonable notice of absences from work and ensure scheduled tasks or duties are covered during absences.
• Meet regularly with the Director to ensure clear communication regarding program activities and goals.
Salary: $10 per hour.
Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Required Application Materials
• a letter of interest specifying the position sought
• a completed MSCC application for employment including contact information for three professional references
• a resume or curriculum vitae
• copies of college transcripts/certifications relevant to the position of interest