September 1, 2014

Veterans Welcome

Our Vision

mil_friendOur vision is to honor veterans and those currently serving and their families for their service to our country by providing them with the finest career and technical education in the Crittenden County and the surrounding area.

Our Services

Mid-South Community College is committed to providing innovative career and technical education to veterans, reservists, and their families while providing the highest level of resources and referral information. MSCC is dedicated to providing the immediate educational needed for its veterans and service members. The following services are available to enrolled veterans and those currently serving and their families:

  • Advising and registration support
  • Peer tutoring
  • Career exploration and development
  • Financial aid and military benefits assistance

To Start Benefits at MSCC

  1. The student must apply and be accepted for admissions to Mid-South Community College.
  2. The student must submit official high school, college and military transcripts. Students MUST submit a statement of previous training to the school for consideration. If the evaluation determines that credit can be allowed, then, the student and the Department of Veteran’s Affairs shall be notified. Any credit granted shall be indicated on the Enrollment Certification.
  3. The student must complete the veteran’s application for benefits with the Veterans’ Administration (VA). The website to apply is
  4. The student must notify the VA School Certifying Official their intent to attend courses and provide copies of the: The School Certifying Official (SCO) at Mid-South Community College is Amy Cable. She is located in 150 Reynolds and can be reached at 870-733-6740 or

• Veteran Intent to Enroll Form

•  DD214

•   Certificate of Eligibility (COE)

•  Copy of schedule

•  Benefits statement (available at

•  Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)- Reserve/National Guard Only

•  The  School Certifying Official will submit enrollment information to the VA.


Veteran Responsibilities

•  In order to comply with laws governing the GI Bill, it is your responsibility as a student to notify the School Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office of your status with MSCC.
•  It is imperative that you provide a copy of your schedule along with the Intent to Enroll form every semester that you register for classes.
•  You must inform the Financial Aid Office when you: add or drop a class; change your major; change your address; or withdraw.
•  The Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) will not pay for the repeat of satisfactorily completed courses (grades of A, B, C), except under special circumstances.
•  If you do not make satisfactory academic progress and are suspended by MSCC, your GI Bill benefits cannot be resumed until you have met the requirements for reinstatement to the college. See College Catalog for more information.
•  Your benefits may be terminated if you do not comply with these regulations.