This is a 10-month position with full college benefits.
Join one of the fastest growing, most innovative two-year colleges in the Mid-South! Building career pathways from high school through baccalaureate and master’s degrees with university partners, Mid-South is a learning-centered, student-friendly campus committed to economic development for the region and career success for its students.
We are just 10 minutes from all the amenities of metropolitan Memphis, Tenn. Please check us out.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree with a minimum of three years’ industry experience in diesel technology. Applicants must hold industry-recognized certification, National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) or Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications relevant to the MSCC program. Candidates without degrees may be considered but must agree to obtain the necessary qualifications within a mutually agreed upon time frame.
Applicants must have familiarity with common computer applications; excellent written and oral communication skills, and evidence of ongoing commitment to professional development and to student learning.
Responsibilities: Reports to the AVP for Workforce Education with the following responsibilities:
• Ensure program alignment with industry-recognized certifications and local industry needs
• Understand and comply with college policies and procedures.
• Teach courses in accordance with approved MSCC syllabi and academic standards
• Serve on college committees including program advisory committees
• Serve as an academic advisor for students enrolled in the diesel program
• Assist with recruiting and retention initiatives
• Participate in the assessment of student learning
• Foster business and industry partnerships which support program outcomes
• Identify equipment and supplies which support the curriculum
• Ensure students adhere to safety and disciplinary regulations
• Ensure an organized and safe shop environment
• Participate in commencement and support Skills USA activities and competitions for students
•Perform other duties as assigned.
Work assignments may include evening and/or weekend hours.
Please note that MSCC requires a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Competitive benefits package available including retirement; health, life, dental & disability insurance; a flex benefit plan; and tuition waivers for employee and family.
Projected Start Date: August 4, 2014. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Required Application Materials:
• a letter of interest specifying the position sought
• a completed MSCC application for employment including contact information for three professional references
• a statement of educational philosophy
• a resume or curriculum vitae
• copies of college transcripts and/or professional certificates relevant to the position of interest.