Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree in business administration or a related field of value to the college and prior experience working in a fast-paced office environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with at-risk college student populations and to effectively manage a part-time staff. Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with database base skills a plus. Candidates will be required to complete a computer skills assessment.
Responsibilities: The Financial Aid Specialist reports to the Director of Financial Aid with the following responsibilities:
• Meets with students and parents concerning the financial aid application process, types of financial aid available, and deadlines for applying for federal, state, and institutional aid.
• Assists students in completing required on-line applications and forms when requested.
• Maintains Volunteer Student Program timesheets, assigns volunteers, and works with other departments to actively recruit volunteer positions.
• Receives and processes financial aid paperwork and forwards to the appropriate analyst.
• Scans all documents and verifies indexed files.
• Answers the main Financial Aid Office phone line and directs calls appropriately.
• Coordinates the Federal Work Study Program by interviewing students for work study positions, monitoring work study position availability, and maintaining the work study spreadsheet.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Some evening hours are required for this position.
Proposed Salary: $26,531 annually, with full college benefits
Start Date: September 15, 2014