This is a part-time grant-funded position (two evenings – six hours per week).
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required with current Arkansas Teacher’s License. General computer skills required, as well as attention to detail, ability to organize and execute multiple tasks, and ability to execute all responsibilities with minimal supervision
General Description: The ESL (English as Second Language) instructor reports to the Director of Adult Education with responsibility for providing classroom instruction to non-English speaking adults who need to master basic and intermediate English skills. Work schedule includes three hours, two evenings per week.
• Administer the BEST Test or BEST Plus Test to determine student placement and use student test scores to develop an IEP for each student, which is placed in each student’s file.
• Provide effective instruction, by setting achievable goals and by designing or selecting classroom activities and lessons which help students with identified skills achievement.
• Monitor and assess student progress, promoting student attendance with phone calls or letters, and counsel students monthly on their progress in the classroom, making applicable notes in the students’ files.
• Document daily attendance by ensuring students sign in/out for classes and report attendance weekly to MSCC Adult Education Program Data Coordinator.
• Post-test students in a timely manner – within two weeks of AERIS indicator.
• Maintain order and discipline in the classroom.
• Protect the confidentiality of student information and records by maintaining them in a secure environment at all times.
• Communicate resource needs to MSCC Adult Education Office staff.
• Complete required number of professional development hours by attending workshops or conference(s).
• Report to work promptly and regularly and provide reasonable notice of absences to ensure responsibilities are covered.
• Communicate regularly with the Director and work with others to promote a positive working and learning environment.
Proposed Start Date: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Required Application Materials
• a letter of interest specifying the position sought
• a completed MSCC application for employment including contact information for three professional references
• a resume or curriculum vitae
• copies of college transcript(s)/certification(s) relevant to the position of interest